May 13, 2013

A Memorable Mother's Day

20130512_142953

This year, we really tried to have a memorable Mother's Day for my mom, since the loss her mom (aka my grandma) was so new. We thought of me going home to surprise her, but let's face it, I've been home a lot lately! So my sister and I hatched the plan of my sister Sarah driving my mom up to visit me in Guelph, since she's never been to visit me here yet. So Mom and Sarah hopped in the car on Saturday night, and arrived just in time to eat some delicious buttertarts, drink tea and sample some turducken from our earlier guest that day (more on that later) before heading to their hotel to sleep.

20130512_142904


20130512_142858

They showed up bright and early on Mother's day morning, where I had tasty pancakes waiting for them to fuel our day of shopping at the new Target and Len's Mill for fabric. After shopping was accomplished, we picked Zen up and headed to high tea at the Boathouse.  We gave each us fancy tea names like Penelope, Pritchard and Condalezza and sipped our tea with outstretched pinkies and exaggerated English accents while we discussed hilarious topics. Overall, it was a day to remember and possibly the start of a new yearly tradition!

20130512_142933

20130512_142919


Happy Mother's Day to all the awesome moms out there!

♥ Craftzilla

2 comments:

  1. Aw what a lovely mothers day! Love the English tea idea and definitely sounds like a great new tradition! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My momma had a good time and it was definitely a fun getaway for her. I hope it does become a tradition!

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!