Jan 27, 2015

Around Here


So, let's face it, my daily posts fizzled already, like many New Year's resolutions. If it makes you  (and me) feel better, I am keeping up with my daily journal entries in my Happiness project journal. Here's a bit of  an update on what I've been up to lately-I could try to play catch up, but I can't really be bothered, if I'm being honest. Some ideas seem like they'd be an inspiring challenge and end up just taking away from the time you have to enjoy your day and just aren't worth it. At any rate, wanting to post more on this space did encourage me to take a few more pictures than I usually would have, so enjoy those at least!

READING all the books lately! I just finished the Rosie Project, the Rosie Effect and Water for Elephants in the last few days. Suffice it to say, I haven't been sleeping much, but it's been worth it! If you've guessed that I was that kid in the playground reading a book, you'd be right.

REMEMBERING  to take my vitamins...I finally thought of downloading an app to track my progress. Check marks for me mean vitamin taking success! #oldladyproblems

CLEANING and organizing all the things still. I'm not quite up to date with all my January Cure tasks, but some parts of the apartment are feeling a bit more tidy and organized. My fridge has organizing bins in it and our storage room now has a shelf! This makes me happier than you'd think it would. I have even been doing the dishes, sometimes more than once in a day!

WANTING to have more time to draw. I got a new notebook and some new Sharpies, and I am having lots of fun doing some doodles. Everything looks nicer in black pen.


WEARING the same old duds. I am out of inspiration for winter fashions or not wearing the same sweater every day for comfy warmth.

WATCHING so much Friends on Netflix that all the friends are starting to visit my dreams. Well, mostly Chandler. Meow!

STARTING some more volunteer jobs. I hope that all of this time I'm spending will be worth it in the form of new opportunities in the future.

CONSIDERING some big decisions, I'm not sure if right now will be the right time, but I think I'm ready.


ATTENDING some super fun driver's training. This will be the year I get my G2 driver's license, and this seems to be the fastest way to do it. At this rate, I can take my test in June if I'm ready.

COOKING lots of yummy food. I made a great tofu, sweet potato, bok choy and zucchini stir fry, yummy refried bean tacos and some delicious spaghetti with goat cheese lately.

FEELING tired after those late nights of reading. Looking forward to cuddling up in bed tonight!

ANGRY at the evil laundry room door for locking early and trapping my comforter in the dryer

WORKING on all the things and probably a bit too much. Somehow I have three or four jobs and a number of volunteer jobs going on at the moment. Story of my life really- I'm an over-committer. My plate is feeling full, but mostly manageable at the moment.

DREAMING of some crafts I want to tackle someday soon.

WANTING to see my family and celebrate us some Christmas! I was planning to make it up to Peterborough in January, but this is clearly not going to happen. February sometime it is.

DRINKING so much tea and coffee lately to keep warm. Caffeine headaches, I am sick of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!